Baja Black Beans, Corn, and Rice
A south of the border blend of textures and flavors. Serve hot as a main dish or side dish with grilled meat or chicken.
- 6 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 2/3 cups black beans, (one 15-ounce can), rinsed and drained
- 1 2/3 cups corn, (one 15-ounce can), drained
- 4 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- Cook brown rice.
- In a medium bowl, combine black beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, oil, salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- To serve, place a scoop of hot rice in a bowl or on a plate, top with a generous scoop of the black bean mixture. Stir together before eating.
Calories from Fat 43 (12%)
(7%)Total Fat 5g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 68g
(38%)Dietary Fiber 10g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.