Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Bourbon Sauce
Too easy to make—thick bacon wrapped around jumbo shrimp.
- Shrimp24 large or jumbo raw shrimp, cleaned, peeled, and tails removed
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- Sauce1/3 cup diced sweet onions
- 1/2 tsp finely diced garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup steak sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup apple cider (or apple juice)
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- Preheat grill or oven broiler. Clean shrimp, then wrap them in bacon and secure with a toothpick; set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium heat. Reduce the sauce by half or until it has thickened. You can use the sauce as a glaze or as a dipping sauce.
- Grill or broil shrimp until bacon crisps and shrimp is firm.
Calories from Fat 285 (56%)
(48%)Total Fat 31g
(52%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Total Carbohydrate 36g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.