Asparagus with Lime Aioli, Egg and Green Onion
This tasty salad works well as a light main dish for brunch, lunch, or as a festive spring side dish.
- 1- 1/2 lbs large asparagus, trimmed
- salt, as needed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbs thinly sliced green onion
- Put asparagus into a large skillet of salted, boiling water. Boil until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain well; spread on paper towel to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make aioli, mix mayonnaise with olive oil, water, lime juice, and garlic; reserve. Over a piece of wax paper or paper towel, force egg through a sieve with the back of a wooden spoon, making sure to scrape off the egg that clings to the underside of the sieve.
- Arrange asparagus on a platter, then drizzle with reserve aioli. Sprinkle with egg, then green onion. Lightly season with salt.
Calories from Fat 182 (83%)
(32%)Total Fat 21g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 5g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.