7 Layer Taco Bean Dip
A super retro dip—try it and you'll wonder what took you so long!
- Refried Beans Layer1/2 lb dried pinto beans
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Cheese Layer1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Sour Cream Layer1 6 oz container sour cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Guacamole Layer4 large avocados
- 2 Tbs freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Pico de Gallo Layer4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbs freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Last Two Layers6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 2 small cans green chiles, drained (optional)
- 4 fresh jalapeños, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Soak beans overnight.
- Add beans and water to a saucepan.
- Add onions, garlic, dried oregano, dried cilantro, cumin, coriander, and kosher salt. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Cook until very tender.
- Mash the beans with a potato masher or use a submersible blender.
- Add the warm bean layer to the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch dish.
- Add the shredded cheese on top of the beans.
- If you are making this dip spicy, add the optional jalapeños and green chilies.
- Add sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin to a bowl. Mix well, then spread on top of the cheese layer in the dish.
- Add the avocados, cilantro, lime juice, and garlic to a bowl. Mash the avocados with a fork and mix well. Spread this layer on top of the sour cream layer.
- Mix tomatoes, cilantro, and kosher salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well and spread on top of guacamole layer.
- Top pico de gallo layer with the chopped green onions.
- Layer sliced olives on top of the chopped green onions.
Calories from Fat 170 (52%)
(30%)Total Fat 20g
(25%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(45%)Dietary Fiber 11g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.