For a great Mediterranean-style snack, halve, core, and smother baby cucumbers with this traditional Greek yogurt sauce.
- 3 baby cucumbers, peeled
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 16 oz tub of fat free greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbs fresh mint, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a cheese grater, grate cucumbers. Place cucumbers in a fine metal strainer and press out the juices with a spoon. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine lemon juice and olive oil. Pulse ½ cup of greek yogurt at a time to emulsify with the oil and lemon.
- In a bowl, combine yogurt-olive oil mixture with reserved grated cucumbers, minced garlic, and fresh mint. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of two hours to allow the flavors to merge.
Calories from Fat 11 (23%)
(2%)Total Fat 1g
(2%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 8g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.