The Peanut Butter Sandwich: Reinvented
Who said that peanut butter sandwich are boring or just for kids? Here's a way to get creative with a childhood favorite!
- 2 slices sprouted whole-grain wheat bread
- 3-4 walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs peanut butter
- 1 Tbs Almond butter
- Spread the peanut and almond butter mixture on both slices of bread and top one half with sliced bananas
- Chop 3 to 4 walnuts, and add on top of the banana slices along with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of honey
- Top with the slice of bread that already has peanut/almond butter spread on it, and put into the panini press (or grill in a pan if you don’t have a panini press).
- Once the top has browned and is slightly crispy, remove from panini press and let cool for 1 to 2 min.
- Cut sandwich in half.
Calories from Fat 248 (48%)
(46%)Total Fat 30g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 12g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrate 56g
(32%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.