Pear and Brie Quesadillas
A small amount of flavorful Brie cheese goes a long way in these unusual and elegant Mexican inspired appetizers.
- 4 flour tortillas, 10-inches (25cm) in diameter
- 2 medium Bartlett pears, at the peak of ripeness
- 4 oz Brie cheese*
- 1/4 cup or more fresh salsa, red or green salsa can be used
- Place the 4 tortillas on a flat working surface.
- Slice and core the pears into thin pieces (about 1/4-inch (0.5cm) thick).
- Slice Brie into 12 or more very thin slices.
- To assemble quesadillas, place pear slices and cheese on each tortilla, leaving one side of the tortilla empty for folding over. Fold the tortilla to form a semi-circle, with the pear and cheese on the inside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet. Place a folded tortilla in the pan and heat just until the cheese starts to melt. Gently turn the quesadilla over and continue heating until the tortilla is lightly browned.
- Remove to a platter and repeat with each of the 4 tortillas.
- Slice each quesadilla in half and drizzle about 1 Tbsp (15g) of salsa over the top. Serve with napkins or a plate and fork, as it can get quite messy!
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Calories from Fat 46 (35%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.