Moroccan Chicken Soup
A blend of the exotic smells and flavors of Moroccan cuisine. Serve with pita or flat bread.
- 18 oz boned and skinned chicken breasts, (3 breast halves) cut into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces
- 1 Tbs olive oil, (15mL)
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 1/2 Tbs cumin
- 1/2 Tbs ginger
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups zucchini, sliced into half moon shapes
- 1/2 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1 1/4 cups garbanzo beans, canned, (one 16-ounce can), rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbs Cilantro, chopped
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, sauté chicken pieces in oil over medium heat until pinkness is gone and chicken is opaque.
- Add onion to chicken, sauté for 1- 2 minutes.
- Add cumin, ginger, paprika, cayenne and pepper to chicken.
- Pour in broth, cover and bring to a boil for one minute. Add zucchini, couscous and garbanzo beans to pot, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add fresh cilantro to soup.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Calories from Fat 60 (20%)
(10%)Total Fat 7g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(18%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.