A quick and simple margherita pizza recipe.
- Dough for one pizza
- 1 28-ounce (795-g) can peeled tomato, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 basil leaves, chiffonade
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb mozzarella*, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 500°F (260°C). Lightly oil 17-inch (43-cm) pizza pan. Spread the dough onto the pizza pan and top with half of the peeled tomatoes. Add garlic and basil. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake 10 minutes; then slide the pizza off the pan onto an oven rack and bake 5 minutes.
- Slide the pizza back to the pizza pan and top with mozzarella. Bake until cheese melts (3 to 5 minutes).
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Calories from Fat 156 (41%)
(27%)Total Fat 18g
(34%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 38g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.