Creamy Potato Soup
This recipe is low in fat but tastes as rich as soups made with cream.
- 6 turkey bacon slices
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 lb potato, thin-skinned, cut into 1/2-inch (1.5cm) cubes
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 Tbs flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk, 1% lowfat
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup parsley sprigs, chopped
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. When cool, chop bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- Add onion to bacon drippings and cook until translucent.
- Add potatoes and broth to pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork (about 10 minutes).
- In a small bowl or jar, blend flour and milk until smooth. Add to broth and heat until boiling, stirring frequently. Boil one minute then turn off heat.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with bacon pieces.
Calories from Fat 60 (22%)
(10%)Total Fat 7g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 38g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.