Cranberry Pecan Rice Pilaf
Alexander the Great brought pilaf back to Europe after conquering Persia. Conquer dinner with this recipe and your family will call you "great" as well.
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted*
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add rice; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth and heat to boiling; stir once or twice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, cranberries, pecans and onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Preparation Tip: To toast pecans spread nuts on small baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees 5 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
Calories from Fat 215 (38%)
(38%)Total Fat 24g
(31%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 75g
(26%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.