Balsamic Glazed Pear and Goat Cheese Crostini
An earthy balsamic vinegar glaze provides the "pear-fect" balance between sweet pears and salty goat cheese.
- 2 pears
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp honey
- 24 baguette rounds, toasted
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, spreadable
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered, toasted
- black pepper, ground, if desired
- Slice pears stem side up into 12 quarter-inch width vertical planks. Cut large slices in half lengthwise for a total of 48 slices.
- Heat vinegar, butter, and honey in large frying pan, over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir constantly, until reduced by half, about 2 tablespoons. Add pear slices and continue cooking for 1 minute turning once.
- Place 2 pear slices on each baguette round and top with 1 teaspoon goat cheese. Sprinkle almonds over cheese and garnish with fresh pepper, if desired.
Calories from Fat 69 (27%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 37g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.