Balsamic-Glazed Lamb Meatloaf with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
A new twist on the tried and true meatloaf recipes of the past.
- 1 1/2 lbs lamb, ground
- 12 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2/3 cup basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup Pecorino cheese, grated
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 Tbs light brown sugar
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- In a food processor, puree tomatoes, basil, pine nuts, cheese, garlic, egg, salt, and pepper. Scrape the pesto into a large bowl; mix in bread crumbs and ground lamb. On a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet, form the mixture into an 8-inch long log.
- In a bowl, mix together tomato paste, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar; brush over meatloaf. Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes, basting with glaze every 10 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans.
Calories from Fat 320 (68%)
(55%)Total Fat 36g
(68%)Saturated Fat 14g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Total Carbohydrate 13g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.