Baked Marinated Chicken
Though the chicken is cooked in the oven, this marinade gives it a barbecued flavor that is always popular, especially with children.
- 12 skinless chicken drumsticks or thighs or 24 wing drumettes
- 1 cup red wine
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbs peeled and grated fresh ginger
- Place the chicken in a single layer in a large ovenproof dish. In a medium bowl, mix the wine, soy sauce, honey, onion, garlic, and ginger. Pour over the chicken pieces, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Uncover the chicken and bake, basting frequently, for 1 hour, or until a glaze forms. Serve warm.
Copyright © 2005 by Evelyn H. Lauder
Calories from Fat 39 (15%)
(7%)Total Fat 4g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 22g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.