Asparagus Swiss Cheese Strata
A pretty aperitif that can be prepared the night before.
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 6 slices bread
- 1 6 oz package shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Plunge asparagus in boiling water for 2 to 4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the spears. Drain and rinse immediately with cold water.
- Grease a 13 x 9 casserole dish. Layer six slices of bread in the bottom of the dish. Top with Swiss cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and seasonings. Pour into casserole dish. Neatly arrange asparagus spears on top of casserole. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or up to 10 hours.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes until slightly puffed and golden brown around the edges. If the top starts to get brown too quickly, cover with foil for the remaining cooking time. Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
Calories from Fat 89 (44%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(24%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 16g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.