Asian Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl
Dashi, a traditional Japanese stock, helps to create this authentic Asian dish.
- 1 1/2 cups dashi or ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 skinless boneless chicken breast half (6 oz.), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 2 large dried shiitake mushrooms, softened, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup uncooked medium grain rice, cooked, hot
- Heat broth, sugar, and soy sauce in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat to boiling.
- Add chicken, yellow onion, and mushrooms; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer just until chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add green onions.
- Without stirring, slowly pour eggs over surface of broth, covering as much as possible. Cook over low heat 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. As outer edges of eggs begin to set, lift cooked portions to center of pan, keeping eggs in large soft curds as much as possible. Continue cooking, stirring just as needed, until no visible liquid egg remains. Ladle over rice in deep soup bowls.
Calories from Fat 47 (15%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 47g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.