Asian Beef Steaks & Noodles
Soybeans, garlic, and chiles in the hoisin sauce contribute to the sweet and spicy taste of these steaks.
- 4 beef eye round steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbs hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- Vegetable oil
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 oz Chinese noodles, broken, cooked
- 4 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine water, hoisin sauce and vinegar in small bowl. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Brush skillet with oil. Add cucumber, bell pepper and green onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in noodles, 1/2 of cilantro and 1/2 of hoisin mixture. Remove.
- Heat same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place beef steaks in skillet; cook 2 to 4 minutes, turning once. Do not overcook. Add remaining hoisin mixture; turn steaks to coat. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 146 (40%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 27g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.