Artichokes Stuffed with Chicken and Wild Rice
This elegant dish makes the most of two upscale California classics- wild rice and artichokes.
- ½ cup wild rice
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 4 medium globe artichokes
- 1 large celery stalk
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons minced tarragon (or two teaspoons dried)
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch sugar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Bring wild rice to a boil in medium saucepan. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until kernels just puff open, 45 to 50 minutes. Drain if necessary, and transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Meanwhile, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Trim stems, lower leaves and tops from artichokes. Add 1 Tablespoon salt and artichokes to water. Reduce to a gentle simmer, cover and cook until a petal near the center pulls out easily, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain and cool completely.
- Halve each artichoke lengthwise, scraping out the fuzzy choke. Set halves aside.
- Add chicken, celery, apple, scallion and tarragon to wild rice. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, mustard and sugar until combined. Pour over rice mixture and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and divide mixture over artichoke halves.
Calories from Fat 105 (37%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 40g
(39%)Dietary Fiber 10g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about TraceGains, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.